Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire fridge model:ffhs2612ls4 and the

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire fridge model:ffhs2612ls4 and the icemaker will not dispense ice. I think that water is not getting to the icemaker but don't know for sure.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is: ops

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The model Is:ffhs2612ls4 the serial number is:4a22015403 I do not know how old it is, I plan on doing the work my self if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The valve on the back was replaced

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have ice cubes in the ice storage container ?

And when you call for ice can you hear the dispenser motor operating ?

OR is your issue the ice maker not making ice .?

there are no ice cubes in the storage container, the motor is working. the issue is the icemaker is not making ice I think it is because water is not going to the ice maker for whatever reason but I do not know.

ok . Thank you for clarifying!

If you feel in the top of the ice maker cavities where the cubes would be made do you feel any ice or water in the cavities?

no ice or water in the cavities where it makes ice I just feel the plastic bits that push the cubes out, the drinking water dispenser works

Great the chilled water working was my next question!!

That means the water inlet valve for the ice maker has failed .

This is a three coil valve one main coil (opens for both chilled water and for the icemaker , one coil for the chilled water and the third coil is for the ice maker .

And the entire valve assembly will need to be replaced.

it is mounted on the left rear bottom corner of the unit .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

This parts link also has a video showing how to replace the valve assembly .

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

my landlord replaced that and it is still not working

ok good info , That would have been nice to know in your first post.

Did they remove the water line to the ice maker and by chance blow thru it to see if the line from the valve to the ice maker was frozen ? do you know!

I do not know if it was checked how do I do that?

you will need to pull the refrigerator out away from the wall and remove the water line from the water valve that is going up to the ice maker and blow thru it.

If it is blocked with ice you will not be able to blow thru it .

And if that is the case normally it is the end of the tube as if enters into the freezer that freezes and you will need to defrost the fill tube from inside the freezer section

water is coming a few inches up the tube from the valve to the fridge

yes it will due to the tube is on the outside of the unit ,it normally only freezes as it goes into the rear of the freezer just before the ice maker .

I thought this was $5. My card has been charged $31.50

The $5.00 was a deposit .

And you chose a value of $36.50 for your question .

That is what the web site is showing anyway.

As an expert We never get to see your personal or billing information only the value that you set on your question and the question .

No, I did not select a membership or anything just the $5 option. Thank you but we are done.

the $3650 is not a member ship just the value that YOU selected for your question.

Master Tech
Master Tech