Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE dishwasher stopped mid-cycle and now won't start back…

Customer Question
My GE dishwasher stopped...

My GE dishwasher stopped mid-cycle and now won't start back up

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it June, 2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have service and extended service warranties, up if it's something simple I could try it myself

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Have you tested the outlet that the dishwasher is plugged into to verify that it has voltage to it ?

GDT655SSJOSS
There is power to the unit

ok so you have power to the unit ,do you have lights on the control panel ?

And does the door seem to close properly?

No lights on the panel, door closes properly

ok if you have no lights on the panel , how do you know that you have voltage to the dishwasher?

How did you test it ?

I tested theplug

ok can you test the junction box on the lower front right corner to verify that you have voltage into the dishwasher also please?

The unit has voltage. I pressed the start button and the select cycle button simultaneously and the panel lights up. It flashes for a few seconds and then shuts off. Code 815 appears in the status box

ok good information!

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

ok The Ge Technical data web site does not have a service manual on this manual .

I will opt out in hopes some other expert can better assist you.

Thanks
I called GE service. They will be coming out to fix the dishwasher. Thanks for trying. Sorry you couldn't find any manuals
John, Home Appliance Technician