Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to repai defrost mechanism on model MSD235AR? I've had…

Customer Question
How to repai defrost...

How to repai defrost mechanism on model MSD235AR?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I've had the problem for a year or more. Never tried to repair.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ice accumulates at the bottom of freezer compartment with some water leakage to floor.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Maytag, MSD2354AR. I ususally set both freezer and refr. in the middle of possible settings.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If your getting water that is freezing on the freezer floor and then migrates out the door and onto the floor you will need to remove everything out of the bottom half of the freezer section .

And remove the rear interior wall panel and the defrost the defrost drain trough under the silver fined coil.

I use a hair dryer and a turkey baster.

Defrost all of the ice out of the drain trough and the use the turkey baster with hot water to melt the ice in the drain line opening in the center of the trough and to flush the drain line opening and drain line with hot water .

If you have any questions just reply back to me .