Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Front Loader washing machine Model

Customer Question
#GFWR4805F2MC. The washer starts the...
I have a GE Front Loader washing machine Model #GFWR4805F2MC. The washer starts the wash cycle, starts filling the tub then stops, goes into pause, unlocks the door then locks the door they tries to continue the fill process. This pause and un-pause goes on a few times then shuts off.I tried different wash cycles but it always goes into Pause. When it tries to fill the tub, it does not sound right. It starts to fill, stops and does not seem to fill like it use too.Any Ideas?Thanks,
Brian
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Not sure if it could be the water inlet valve. What else could cause this?Thanks,
Brian
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

From what your saying it sounds as during the self check the door lock is not passing so the washer tries to lock the door again and start the load over again .

If during this self check if the electronic control is not recognizing that the door is in fact locked it will do this .

Which is a common failure on front load washers.

I recommend to replaced the door lock assembly.

I can provide you with the parts link if you need it , just reply back to me!

it's common to start filling and even running then go into the pause phase and back in forth, lock and unlock? Just sounded funny during the fill cycle.Please let me know the best way to replace the lock assemble.Thanks,
Brian

Yes the control board is stopping the unit and trying to lock the door it is not recognizing the door is locked so it tried to lock it several times , if it does this for a total of 6 times it will go into an error code mode .

here is a link to the part.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

And here is a video showing you how to replace a GE door latch /lock assembly .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InskOLbvpPs

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Hi Whrip,Well that didn't work. I replaced the door latch, and unfortunately had to wait a day since nobody had it in stock and had to overnight the part. It is still going into pause mode as is's filling the tub.What are your thoughts as what else it could be?Thanks,

and it still just locks the door and brings in just a small amount of water the stops correct?

Hi Woody,Now it just starts to fill then goes in pause. It then clicks back and forth to lock and unlock but clicks back to pause.
When it first started it was half way through the wash cycle then went to pause, unlocking and locking the door.

ok if it is still locking and unlocking the door and you have replaced the door latch /lock assembly ,the it has to be an issue with the electronic control board in the door lock circuit.

It appears it does not sense that the door is locked that is why it locks -unlocks over and over.

If you got the door latch lock assembly from Repair Clinic they will take it back and you can then order the control board .

Hi Woody,
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I saw online a few locking and unlocking that it seems like I am having. They stated they replaced the water inlet valve and that worked. Do you thing my water inlet could be defective as well?
Also does my unit have the ability to check error codes?
Thanks
Brian
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago

If your washer starts to fill as you stated in your first post you do not have an issue with the water valve.

Ok thank you. How do I replace the control board? It is alway a challenge to get the panels off since I am not sure where the clips are.

here is a video that should help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G83pDYjIZ7o

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time
I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Hi WoodyThank you for the follow up. The control board should be delivered today. The video was not really a great help since it was a different unit and I am only changing the board and not the entire front panel.If you had any other step by step directions you could send over, that would be helpful.Thanks
Brian

the video was not of your model number it was just to give you an idea as how to gain access to the control board behind the control panel /

And if I did not reply back to you the questions will time /close out .

ven after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,

I tried to remove the top but since the video was not my washer, the top does not come off by sliding back. It looks like it slides forward.Do you have any information how to take the top off? I don't want to break any of the clips.
Woody I got off. the top doesnt even need to come off and the part you told me was the correct part for my machine was wrong.This has been just a total mess
I am still looking where this part goes. If you had a diagram, I would appreciate it
I found the location and replaced the control board again, no luck it is still going into pause. Starts to fill, stops then goes into pause. Clicks back and forth. Some times the tub rotates other times not.
Master Tech
Master Tech