Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kitchenaid model ksrg22fkss04 ice maker has frozen ice cube…

Kitchenaid model ksrg22fkss04 ice...

Kitchenaid model ksrg22fkss04 ice maker has frozen ice cube ejector arms. should i replace whole unit

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Kitchenaid superba manufactured 11/02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is the only problem i have ever had with frig, i change filter on regular basis and clean coil

11/20/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Yes replace the icemaker these typically last about 10 years on average so you are due for a new one. Here is a link to the part and it is easy to put in. There is a single 1/4" screw on the bottom right corner to remove. Once that is off you can just slide it out and unplug it. Swap the bottom tray over to the new one and put it back in. See link to part below.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
I am confused. The part shown when i click on "CLICK HERE FOR PART" does not look exactly like my existing one. Mine has 5 ejector arms, the one you suggest has 8?It states it is for a Whirlpool not a KitchenAid.

I am sorry the sub part number was not right on the lookup, this is the one you need....CLICK HERE