Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool freestanding fridge model #ET21PKXGW03…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool freestanding fridge model #ET21PKXGW03 that is leaking water inside down the back, getting in the crispers and running out of the bottom

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Was made in 10-2000

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No unless u need the serial number.. it keeps things cold. Actually the water in the bottom freezes.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

This is a very common problem. Your defrost drain has frozen over and needs to be thawed out. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer including the ice maker and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Gently - from a distance - use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to blow the line out. After that just put the freezer back together in the reverse order of above and it should stop leaking.

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.