Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer stopped with code 'nd' and will not restart. Model…

Washer stopped with code...

Washer stopped with code 'nd' and will not restart. Model MAH8700AWW purchased 6/30/06. Checked Manual Troubleshooting for 'The washer foes not drain and/or spin/ and none of those conditions exist

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Check my message above

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Had another service call 40087877 with A&E Factory Service back in 2010 with drain problem.

11/20/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That is a No Drain Code, meaning either the pump is bad, the pump is blocked or the main control relay is not supplying power to the pump. You have to pull the unit out and remove the back panel to get at the pumo. Check it for power 120 volts to the plug. If you have that there then the pump should run, if it is remove it and see if anything is blocked in it. If there is remove it(nickels often cause that issue) If there is nothing replace the pump. Here is a link to the pump.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Sounds like I need a service call. Will call A&E Factory Service whom came out for similar problem in 2010

Ok no problem at all!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Tried your procedure above and was able to get door open to remove wet clothes. Removed back panel, disconnected pump and removed it, vaccuumed up all the water (2-3 gallons?). Inspected pump for obstructions, but there were none. Then tried door and it opened. Door was loose before but now closes firmly.Replacing pump with new washer (NOT Maytag). Got major runaround from both Sears (where I purchased it 12 yrs ago) and Maytag Customer Service. Totally Unsatisfactory.