Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 3 year old Maytag refrigerator with a bottom

Customer Question
I have a 3...

I have a 3 year old Maytag refrigerator with a bottom freezer. I came home after 2 days away to find all my freezer food thawed out. It is still cool in the freezer and small chunk of ice still in the ice bin. I have never had this issue in my life. There does not appear to have been a power outage. It's past the one year warranty. Now what

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it new in 2014 at Home Depot mod # MFF2558VEM10

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what the problem could be

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.