Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I fix a 5d error code on a Whirlpool Cabrio? 3 years…

How do I fix...

How do I fix a 5d error code on a Whirlpool Cabrio?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model WTW8900BC0

11/20/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That is a drain code, either the pump is bad or blocked. .Tip the unit against the wall about 45 degrees if possible and get to the pump in the back right corner. Remove the pump and check it for blockages. Also check that impeller for blockages or damage and if all is clear you will need a new pump most likely. Lastly check the wiring to the pump for any breaks or damage, but here is a link to the pump for you and video to help. Also check the wires to the pump for damage,

CLICK HERE PUMP

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician