Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My kenmor stove bottle gas oven lights but does not get the…

Customer Question
My kenmor stove bottle...

My kenmor stove bottle gas oven lights but does not get the temperture to go up

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Modelis 790.75851300

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just what is wrong and part nmeeded

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

When that happens you need to replace the oven ignitor on the unit. Turn the oven on and then open the broiler drawer. If the glow ignitor is getting voltage it will glow unless it is broken. If is weak, it will glow but it will not pull enough current to open the gas valve. They typically have to draw 3.2-3.6 amps for a square style one or 2.2-2.8 amps for a round style one. If they do not draw enough they will never open the gas valve or take a long long time to open them. The ignitors are pretty easy to change out, just 2 screws and two wires to either plug in or splice together. Here is a video to assist.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.