Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is filling but arms aren't spinning. We have…

My dishwasher is filling...

My dishwasher is filling but arms aren't spinning. We have taken apart as far as we think we can to see if something is blocking.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kenmore 665.13042k113

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope to if it's something we can do.

11/20/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Check to see if the dishwasher is actually filling up all the way with water. It should be across the basin when full. Secondly make sure the filter is clean in the unit, if that is dirty the unit can not wash properly and will not be able to break down the packets. Also check the wash arm ports for any blockages in the small port holes. Now if the filter is all clean and the water level is good then that leaves the wash pump assembly. They had a ton of issues with the wash pump on that unit. Sometimes they run too slow or not at all, then nothing gets washed and the packets of soap lay in the bottom undissolved since there really is no wash action going on in the unit. Here is a link to a new wash pump assembly as 99% of the time with that issue this is the actual problem. SEE LINKS BELOW!

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician