Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Still have not heard back. What’s up. Error message f5.

Customer Question
Still have not heard...

Still have not heard back. What’s up

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Error message f5

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

Already told you all this and paid

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Already told you

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Waiting for an hour for an answer

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I am not sure what tech you had can you get me the make and model off the unit?

Ge profile

Do you have the model number there are a lot of Profile units and what appliance is it as well washer, dryer etc...it is not listed

Ok either the touchpad is bad or the door latch switch is bad. You need to take the door apart and check the switch, if it is broken the unit will not start but all other functions will work when pressed. See link to part below.

CLCIK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

This is a stove. Everything works except the oven. It was working last night

Does the broiler work?

The post that was sent before was not for you that was for a different customer with a dishwasher.

No the broiler does not work

The F5 code is a main clock control failure, do you have the model off the tag on the unit?

There is no tag in the back or on the door frames.
No model number

How about the frame edge all around when you have the doors and drawer open?