Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile dishwasher won't start when I push start. No i…

Customer Question
My GE Profile dishwasher...

My GE Profile dishwasher won't start when I push start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

No i do not...I just looked....probably about......about a 2005 model but has been barely used

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I was going to trry to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Has worked fine until now I usually only use the dishwasher for company

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit and do all the other buttons work?

the buttons all work and it's a GE Profile

I need the model off the tag GE made about 10,000 profile units over the years

Model PDW9280J00SS

You need to check the door switch on the unit, you will have to take apart the door to check this. If the switch does not work the unit will not Start but all other functions will light up fine. Link to part below

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

well, if you looked up the model number like I did, then you saw there is a recall and fixing the door mechanism may not have fixed my issue and I could have had a fire after all just like the recall is all about.....shame on you and your organization for not being upfront with me on a recall

The recall is not for the issue you have, the unit is 12 years old so please the shame on me business I will opt out of this good luck!