Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our whirlpool duet dryer door won't stay closed during

Our whirlpool duet dryer...

Our whirlpool duet dryer door won't stay closed during drying cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 7 years old. Model is wed9200sq0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes and no...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It looks like the door is not aligned correctly, the gap at the top is larger than the gap at the bottom. I tried adjusting the hinge but to no avail.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem and one a kit has been designed for. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The door catch kit is available below. It comes with several parts and instructions for replacing, depending on the model you have.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician