Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator wont cool. gsh22jfxm. GE gsh22jfxm no idea…

Customer Question
My refrigerator wont cool...

My refrigerator wont cool. gsh22jfxm

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE gsh22jfxm no idea how old maybe 7 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Doesn't sound like the condenser is kicking on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Fan is running. Compressor not vibrating. room temperature.
I haven't touched it but have only owned it for 4 months

Ok you likley have an inverter failure, that is the board next to the compressor. If the condenser fan is running and the compressor is not running, there is a 99% chance the inverter is bad. Here is a link to the part...CLICK HERE it will not cool if that is bad. You can test it with a volt meter if you wanted to check it, 120 volts to the main plug to the inverter and 3-6 volts to the small plug to the inverter if you have that replace the inverter.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Thanks

No problem