Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Could you help me with a reset code for the ice maker on a…

Could you help me...

Could you help me with a reset code for the ice maker on a samsung refrigerator?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years old, model #: HAF-CIN/EXP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The ice maker makes ice but it seems like something with the sensor is malfunctioning because it will only make one tray and then not continue to make ice after that... if we push the reset button on the inside it chimes to indicate it is "working properly" but then like I said it only make one tray and stops

11/19/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Try to unplug the refrigerator for a full minute and plug it back in then try it. If that continues to happen the ICEMAKER will need to be replaced the sensor on the icemaker is not working correctly to tell the unit to harvest. That happens a alot on the Samsung icemakers.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Thank you... we will try this! When we plug it back in do we need to push that reset button on the inside of the icemaker again? or would you expect it to start functioning properly on its own?

No it should function on its own at that point.

We unplugged it for approx one minute & then plugged it back in... we are still having the same issues... do you have any other suggestions we could try?
It is so frustrating because the fridge is only 3.5 years old & it was expensive...

You need to replace the icemaker to fix this issue then.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Ok, thank you very much for your help.