Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile PVM9179SF2SS - the vent fan doesn't turn off.

Customer Question
My GE Profile PVM9179SF2SS...

My GE Profile PVM9179SF2SS - the vent fan doesn't turn off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just a shade over two years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. One day about a month ago, the microwave stopped working. I had a GE Technician come out (for $119) and take a look - he told me that one of the thermostats wasn't working, and that he would charge another $140 to replace it. At that point, I paid him the $119 but decided to try replacing the thermostat (it was the "magentron thermostat") myself. Now, after I replaced the thermostat, the control panel lights up, but the vent fan remains permanently turned on

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's pretty much it, I guess.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. The part that you replaced, was it on the magnetron?
  2. Was anything replaced that was right behind the control panel in the front?
John, Home Appliance Technician