Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile PVM9179SF2SS - the vent fan doesn't turn off.

Customer Question
My GE Profile PVM9179SF2SS...

My GE Profile PVM9179SF2SS - the vent fan doesn't turn off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just a shade over two years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. One day about a month ago, the microwave stopped working. I had a GE Technician come out (for $119) and take a look - he told me that one of the thermostats wasn't working, and that he would charge another $140 to replace it. At that point, I paid him the $119 but decided to try replacing the thermostat (it was the "magentron thermostat") myself. Now, after I replaced the thermostat, the control panel lights up, but the vent fan remains permanently turned on

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's pretty much it, I guess.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. The part that you replaced, was it on the magnetron?
  2. Was anything replaced that was right behind the control panel in the front?