Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

If the bottom plate on oven is warped...can it be pounded…

Customer Question
If the bottom plate...

If the bottom plate on oven is warped...can it be pounded out

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Viking 60" professional aprox: 15 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes we live in Mexico

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I don't think so right now...Perhaps cost of new burner knobs

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Hola!

Well the bottom plate is coated so if you pound it out you will just flake off a bunch of porcelain, I would not advise doing that. It will not affect the performance of the unit and a lot of them due warp a bit so even if you buy a new one it will likely happen again. I would just leave it alone. The knobs are expensive for the unit nearly 50 dollars each or about 900 Pesos so not sure if you want to order them.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.