Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Electric oven will not heat up, everything seems to be

Customer Question
electric oven will not...

electric oven will not heat up, everything seems to be normal, just will not get hot

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE J RSO6S K1SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

OVEN IS SINGLE UNIT MOUNTED IN BRICK WALL

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

ok

OK first see if the broiler works, if not then you need to pull the unit out of the wall and remove the back panel and check the limit switch on the back to see if it is open. That is part #157 at this link. If it is open, meaning no continuity then you need to replace it. CLICK HERE PIC and CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.