Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Sears Elite dryer. When we try to run any drying…

Customer Question
We have a Sears...

We have a Sears Elite dryer. When we try to run any drying process we just get a beep when we hit start. Lights on panel all work, just a beep when we hit start.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model# ***** About 12 yrs old,

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Have talked to Sears Technician, the quickest they can come is two wks away.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Do you also hear a click from the control along with that beep?

No, just a beep.

Does the display count down or stay at set point?

stays on the time that we set, after hitting start it just beeps and does nothing.

Open the door and at the top of the opening is the door switch plunger. It is covered with gray rubber. If you push that plunger in and out, does it click heavily and toggle the light on and off?

My wife just tried to see if there is a count down, there is. The time does count down.

Okay, so that is a different issue. Can you remove the panel that is below the door? There are screws along the bottom edge.

The button goes in smoothly. No clicking. I have already taken the lower panel off, but I did not check the fuse.

Is the belt intact around the drum or hanging loose?

If the door switch is not clicking, it likely has issues. Is the beep you hear three fast beeps or one beep?

Belt is good;
Only 1 beep

Okay, so it is likely an open fuse. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Do you have access to a meter for testing? There is a chance the control may have a faulty relay, too.

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.