Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid refrigerator and the display shows PO.

Customer Question
I have a KitchenAid...

I have a KitchenAid refrigerator and the display shows PO. and also confirm. Last night the power was off for a few hours so I think that’s what it’s indicating, but I do not know what to do . Thank you.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Two years old. I can give you the model number if you’d like

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes assuming that it should just be a simple adjustment, right? The refrigerator is running but it will not dispense ice. I do have a five year warranty coverage

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 9 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Power Outage Indicator

The power outage indicator lets you know if the power supply to the refrigerator has been cut off and the freezer temperature has risen to 18°F (-8°C) or higher. When power has been restored, “PO” repeatedly flashes on the control panel display. All other control and dispenser functions are disabled and “PO” will continue to blink until you acknowledge the power outage. ■ Press the MEASURED FILL button to confirm. The Power Outage “PO” will disappear, and the control panel will return to the Normal screen.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 9 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.