Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag front load washer door is locked after the cycle…

Customer Question
My Maytag front load...

My Maytag front load washer door is locked after the cycle ended - any tips?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not yet a year a technician is coming but not until Wed!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can if its not complicated

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

It’s too late a friend answered me

If the unit is still filled with water it will not open the door. There could be a problem with the pump or the pump filter on the unit maybe clogged up. To open the door manually you need to remove the top. There are three screws along the back edge of the top and it will slide back and lift off. If you see down by the door latch on the very bottom of the door latch there is a round flat tab. Pull that straight down and the door will open up to get the clothes out. If your unit does not have a lower removable panel you'll have to remove the back panel on the unit to get to the pump filter assembly to check it for debris. If you have the model number after the doors open post it back to me thanks….All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

It’s too late I asked my question on Sunday! NOT ACCEPTABLE

OK NO PROBLEM!!!!