Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Sorry I lost our connection. My maytag washer model

Customer Question
Sorry I lost our...

Sorry I lost our connection. My maytag washer model MVWB750WRI purchased in 2010 will not drain. It makes a humming sound.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I had that in my previous message

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not right now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your washer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

You apparently have something caught in your drain pump. You likely will not need to replace the pump, but will need to tip the washer back and remove the pump in order to pull out whatever debris has made its way into it. Here is a video that will help you out. It mainly describes how to replace the pump. but you likely won't need to do that. It will get you to the pump. Just take it off and inspect it to remove the obstruction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQs8Ktz3BE

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Your maytag washer is made by Whirlpool and is a Cabrio with a Maytag name on it by the way.

ok we will watch the video

Ok. No problem.

This did not help .. I want a refund