Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag dishwasher not drying and no display lights. `12

Maytag dishwasher not drying...

Maytag dishwasher not drying and no display lights.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

`12 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hoping to. Already replaced touch pad and latch previously.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

W10157789 model number

Answered in 1 day by:
11/21/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Did you still need help? Also if so do you have the model number off the unit?

Is this it? It looks like there is no answer here.

Yes I can help I need the model number and the W101 number you supplied is not the model. If you can get me the model number off the tag when you open the door I can help you with this.

Here it is again. W10157789. I sent it on the original request.

Yes that is not the model number...it is on a tag on the frame edge when you open the door.

Several numbers on that tag:
MDB7601AWS
10527715GR
E39927
LR111720EEV111721Is one of those right?

Yes the model number is ***** is there power to the unit at the junction box? Nothing lights up at all right?

Has power and runs. Can't. Change settings and no display lights.

How long ago did you replace the touchpad?

2.5 years ago. Worked perfectly for 1.5 years, then the finished light went out. The time countdown display was next to go and then they all went dark. I can still run the washer but it seems to be stuck on a setting that doesn't dry well. It also doesn't run as long as it used to. it was 2 hours at first but now the cycle is about 45 minutes.

Well you would need a new panel again, this part...CLICK HERE, that is likely all you need to replace to get this working again. That inputs the cycles and selections for heat time etc..to the main control and I think it is all that is wrong.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician