Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kenmore 2009 79578306804 just completely stopped…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a kenmore 2009***********just completely stopped working. The lights were flickering and then no power at all, no sound nothing. power cord fine checked it and the outlet is fine checked it. I was told it was the main pcb board in back, I ordered another and still nothing? could it be where the lights are controls inside for temp? that board?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2009***********

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well paid a tech 75 to come out and he said it was the main power board and said save money order it and replace yourself and that is what I did

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine, never a problem. Then I notice inside lights flickering, I thought they were just going out and needed to be replaced and then boom both went out but I did not realize the entire temp. display also...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you have no power at all or lights inside, the problem is not the display board at the top of the refrigerator. The problem would have to be the main power board on back (which you said you replaced) or something is wrong with power getting to the refrigerator from your house. I'd run an extension cord to another outlet you know is working. Other than that, you're looking at a bad wire between the power cord and control board, or power cord. If you can't locate where the power is being lost and you've tried 2 boards, it's time to get a technician back out again.

I have already checked the outlet house ect.....I used other appliances. It checks out with the right voltage ect..
I checked with a power meter thing and it says power cord is getting power fine...so I am not learning anything new in this conversation
How do I know that the power board is is not getting proper power? Is there a way to test it, as I did with the my tester and it beeps but maybe I am not doing it right?

Again, it sounds like you need to call a technician back out at this point. I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you