Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a front load washer, and it had a load in it. It

Customer Question
I have a front...

I have a front load washer, and it had a load in it. It started making a humming sound and a light showed suds. I stopped the washer to peek in the window and didn't see ant subs. Started the machine again but it started making the same noise. I it the power button to stop and open the washer but it didn't do any thing. We in plugged it, waited a few minutes and then plugged it in again. Nothing. I was able to take the wet clothes out but it still has water in it. I closed the door and couldn't do anything else. Power button istll on. Can you help me

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

May tag 3000 series

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well depends, if not I will have to call a service repair and let him know what information you gave me.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think I told you everything. My husband just had surgery and can't help me but I really need the was now.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

It sounds like then pump is jammed on the unit, what is the model number?

MHWE300VF00

OK have you checked and cleaned the pump filter out on the unit?

No I have not, I do not know where it is located and am unable to move the unit.

Watch this video and clean the pump filter out that may be the whole issue. If it is all clean let me know!

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician