Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge fridge has stopped working after a poweroutage, the…

Customer Question
Hi! my ge...

Hi! my ge fridge has stopped working after a poweroutage, the light is still working, the fridge is too large for me to physically move im not sure wat to do

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ge profile arctica model pss26ng lists a few model numbers

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Pss26sgrb ss thats the one

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I mean if i can i will do so but since i cant move it im not sure what im able to do

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can you try to shut the power off to the unit for a full minute and power it back up? If that does not wor and it does not run there is a very good chance the main control board behind the unit was damaged and will need to be replaced. You will have to pull the unit out though to get to that part. Here is a link to the board and a video of how to change it if the powering off does not work.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.