Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I️ have a brand new Maytag washer, 1st use. Wash cycle

Customer Question
I️ have a brand...

I️ have a brand new Maytag washer, 1st use . Wash cycle seemed to go through to the final spin cycle , the lid lock won’t unlock . It just keeps clicking

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is brand new , 1st use today . Model Ntw4516FW1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure ,I️ mainly watt to get the water out and the wet clothes spun out

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 5 days by:
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

What is clicking ? the lid lock assembly or the electronic control board in the control panel?