Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool cabrio washer that started to display SD…

Customer Question
We have a whirlpool...

We have a whirlpool cabrio washer that started to display SD so we took out the tub and there is water in the bottom that wont drain. My husband just checked the drain pump and it wasn't clogged.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 3 years old. Its a cabrio platinum

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

IS the drain pump running?

After he put it all back together the washer doesn’t run at all. It gives the F51 error code. The drain pump was running I think. We got the SD error code first and he took it apart and there was a small amount of water in the bottom that wouldn’t drain

The F51 code typically means there is a Board issue or the RPS sensor for the stator is not working right. What did he take apart?

He took apart the drain pump to make sure it wasn’t clogged. The RPS sensor is new. We just replaced it 3 weeks ago when the old one went bad

Either the wires harness to the RPS sensor is bad or the main board is bad, often I find the F51 code 99% of the time is a bad main board in the console. I think you have a bad one for sure given the issue you are having. See if the drain pump runs though to make sure it is not a bad drain pump. See what you find and let me know.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.