Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE profile Refrigerator model # Pgcs1rkzh ss. 5…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a GE profile Refrigerator model # Pgcs1rkzh ssJA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?Customer: 5 years old sometimes but not every time in the last week or so when I open the upper French doors the Refrigerator shuts totally off meaning it looses power stops running and all the lights and functions on the door go silent and darkJA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?Customer: YesJA: Anything else we should know to help you best?Customer: It�s seems to run fine and isn�t making any loud noises
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately I can only imagine there is a bad wire connection somewhere. You can check the connector above the top door hinge and make sure none of the pins are burnt, but other than that the wiring harness runs through the door and the entire door would have to be replaced if the connector is making a good connection.

I have checked all the door wiring that I can get to but everything looks good and tight. I have unplugged the display board on the front of the left door and can not duplicate the problem with it unplugged

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you