Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I just purchased a new Samsung Refrigerator RS25H5111SR and…

Hello I just purchased...

Hello I just purchased a new Samsung Refrigerator RS25H5111SR and have a question about the temperature display

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Both questions already answered

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I shouldn't need any work done , it's brand new

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a human available?

11/19/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

The Brand New Samsung is showing the temperature of the refrigerator as 29 F. There is no way a new fridge that has just been plugged in could be at that temp.

That may be the set temp? Can you adjust the set temp?

I can adjust the set Temp (I set to 39) It shows that for 3-5 seconds, then shows the "current" temp. The Freezer has been slowly decreasing (as it should) and it's at 27 now. It need to eventually get to 0. The ambient temp is 65.

How long has it been plugged in? You should give it 12 hours to full stabilize. Have you done that?

The frezzer is now at 22 and the fridge is now at 36. The lowest I am able to SET is higher than that. Seems like the temp gauge is off.
It's only been plugged in for about 90 min. So I'd expect some need for stabilization of the actual temperature, but it's the display that's throwing me off. 20 degrees is very cold for a fridge.
But giving it 24 hours to read correctly makes some sense. I just can't understand why the digital readout would display a temp much colder than it could possibly be.

Just give it till the morning and see. Those units are funny when they first fire up for the initial cool down.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician