Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our kitchenaid dishwasher suddenly stopped working. It shows…

Customer Question
Hi our kitchenaid dishwasher...

Hi our kitchenaid dishwasher suddenly stopped working. It shows to have no power, but it does. Maybe something with the door or latch. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Serial#- f13301995

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

About 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has to be something with door closing and locking

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can you get me the model number off the frame edge when you open the door?

KUDE60FXSS3
Please just message me. There has to be something loose in the door and it’s not turning on when closed. Suggestions?

There is a thermal fuse that often goes bad on that unit, they have upgraded the part...CLICK HERE PART LINK & CLICK HERE VIDEO LINK I would check that out first and if there is no power to it then you may have a bad door latch or power issue to the junction box on the unit.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Thank you!If it’s the door latch, how do I fix that?

Just replace the latch, but honestly they do not go bad almost ever on that unit. It will be that fuse or the power to the unit at the junction box