Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The lock that engages to lock the oven door is stuck, I

Customer Question
Hi. Contractor's Assistant: Hello...

Hi.

Contractor's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

The lock that engages to lock the oven door is stuck, I think. IT' vibration and won't stop

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2011 and I will look up the rest

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Heck no. I'm an older lady who majored in speech and drama.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ok I found the manuals. Interesting that I couldn't find any model/ serial # on the appliance (?)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

OK if you can try all these things before calling a tech out that may save you from a repair, but you may have a bad door latch and the motor may continue to buzz and cycle.

First try to start a new self clean for about 30 secs and cancel it, often that will trigger the door latch to restart and reopen. If that does not open the door you can cut power to the unit for a full minute and power it back up and see if the door will open. If that does not work on some units you can remove the back and the latch motor is there with a lock rod going to a small hook iby the door. Those style units you can remove the rod and move it manually to open the door. If you do not have that style unit you need to get something flexible like a stiff piece of plastic or metal and slide it in between the door and frame and slide it sideways to hit the latch hook and press it to the left or right and open the door that way manually. Most latch hooks you will slide the piece from right to left pressing the latch hook left to release it...90% are like that, the others are the opposite way depending on make and model. If all that failed you may need a tech out for sure.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

The door was open, but the "lock light is displaying, and it also displays "OFF" on the left and right. It appears the lock is trying (noisily) to go back to original position, but can't. If I hit "Bake" nothing happens.
First I will try to turn off the power.

OK sounds good the switch on the latch may be stuck so it can not find the home position. If that is the case you will see the latch hook move back and forth.

Ok--I am not charged then, correct?
So, any way I can get the lock to stop making noise?

There is no charge for a phone call unless you want one.