Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washers lock button will not lock and therefore my washer…

My washers lock button will...
My washers lock button will not lock and therefore my washer will not turn on. What do I do
11/18/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Nevermind, it started working! Please do not add anymore charges to my card.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.

It started rinsing because that was the setting it was on but it won't advance to the next setting. The model # is WTW4800B91 and serial # is C43143974. Please help!

This sounds like a drain pump issue, if the unit will not advance and is not draining the water out something may have gotten stuck in the pump on the unit. Is the unit full of water?

it is full of water but the problem initially started because the load was too heavy on one side and it made noise and stopped working. This happened once before. Because the machine is locked I had to force the lid open and now it won't lock at all and therefore not go to the next phase in washing.

If you press START and hold it for 3 secs does it CANCEL?

I just did that. Its draining now but I need to see what happens next if I try to start it up again. The machine is trying to lock when i was resuming the wash earlier but it just clicks like it can't lock and eventually shits off

Ok sounds good!

I just tried starting it again but it won't lock and just clicks.
I don't know what to do to get it to lock again

Ok if it is clicking and will not lock is the lid all the way down so the strike can engage? If so you need a new door latch, I can get you a link to the part and video.

Ugh please send me the link and video. Thank u

CLICK HERE PART LINK

CLICK HERE VIDEO LINK

That is a common switch to fail, All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Okay I will. Thank you.