Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have dishwasher model SHE55M05UC/50. Water is not going…

Customer Question
I have dishwasher model...

I have dishwasher model SHE55M05UC/50. Water is not going into the unit. Supply hose is not kinked and hot water is present. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Bosch model SHE55M05UC/50. No idea how to run a diagnostic test cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We were changing our hot water tank last weekend. Hot water was turned off but dishwasher was inadvertently started. We stopped it right away but obviously it couldn't get any water. All is normal now with hot water restored, but dishwasher still inoperable.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

If the unit is not getting water you will need to check for power to the fill valve. That is the valve behind the lower kick panel where the fill line connects to . There are 2 wires that go to the valve and you need to check and see if they are getting 120 volts to them using a volt meter. If they are after you start the unit replace the valve and or check the water supply to the unit. There is a llink to the part below. Just make sure all valves are on to the unit, if they are you may have flushed some crud into the vlave screen inside the valve clogging it up when you replaced the hot water heater.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician