Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ceramic top range blinks and beeps F6 when I turn on self…

Customer Question
My ceramic top range...

My ceramic top range blinks and beeps F6 when I turn on self clean.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just now tried to use the self clean feature for the first time.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I plan to turn on and use self cleaning myself and if that's impossible I will hand clean.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well what does F6 mean? Do I just wait while it beeps and flashes and in a few minutes it works or does it mean something is wrong and I cannot use self clean.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?