Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have #WDF11PABW5 dishwasher bought last year. Never has

Customer Question
Have #WDF11PABW5 dishwasher bought...

Have #WDF11PABW5 dishwasher bought last year. Never has dried inside completely. Change detergent & finish as per rep on phone. Still does not dry on inside walls & floor. Very unhappy

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Whirlpool WDF11PABW5, Ser.#70328966. Am a homeowner not a tech.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO. What else can I do except call a whirlpool tech?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is this fixable or is it the nature of the beast?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

These only dry so good, but make sure the water to the unit is at least 130 degrees...ideally 140+. If it is not you will not get good flash drying. Precharge the water to the unit by running the faucet by the sink until hot before starting the unit, make sure you hot water heater is set up to a high temp and use RINSE AID. If you do all that you should see a dramatic improvement on the drying of the dishes. You can also set the RINSE aid to dispense more rinse aid to assist in drying. Do all that and see what happens you will be surprised how good it dries after that.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

I can't get into my hot water heater (Rheem) to see the settings. I won't know if your answer is right until I run the dishwasher again. How can I rate the response?

After a rating you will get a link to me back here for any free followup questions!