Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a LG dryer model DLE4801W and when I start it will…

Customer Question
I have a LG...

I have a LG dryer model DLE4801W and when I start it will run few seconds and shut off and if I wait a minute the dryer will start again for a few seconds and shut off again. If I shut off the power and wait 15 minutes turn it back on many times it will run fine. What is the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model number DLE4801W. I would say it is 15 years or so?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Often that issue is a bad relay on the PCB board. The contact on the relay goes bad. Here is a link to a new PCB to fix the issue. It is located under the top. Click Here Part

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.