Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need help with refrigerator/freezer. GE GSS25LSQASS. Freezer…

Need help with refrigerator/freezer ...

Need help with refrigerator/freezer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE GSS25LSQASS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Freezer is thawing too much. causing ice in bin to become solid.

11/18/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Is food thawing, too?
  2. How often is this happening?
food does not thaw completely. It seems like the frost free function is staying on too long. it happens on an off throughout the day. The freezer is full of frozen water droplets on the walls and inside the door

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

All functions are controlled by the main electronic control board that is mounted behind the small rectangular panel on the back of the cabinet. It is likely that the control board will need to be replaced. You can try unplugging for an hour to reset but it will not likely change anything.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

ok, so no chance that it is the thermostat?

No, it uses all electronic thermistors but the board has a time out feature to prevent it from thawing, so it is a board issue.

Thank you so much for your help

You are very welcome, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician