Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE side by side counter top refrigerator. Had a…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE side by side counter top refrigerator. Had a problem with it sweating -- liquid running down the front of the refrigerator from the dispensing unit. Had it fixed. No problem until repair person went into the unit to fix the plate you push on to get water/cubes, etc. Now it is sweating again.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 5 years old and the model is GSC53PGX/GSCF3PGX

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No unless it is really easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

After the repair person was here the ice chute clogged up. I have cleared that and tried a hair dryer on the inside of the freezer door. It is still sweating and I also emptied the ice container and turned off making ice.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

From what your saying the ice dispenser door is not closing all the way so it is letting cold air out and warm air into the freezer section thru the dispenser door and that is creating the condensation .

How long ago was the tech out and worked on the issue of fixing the plate ?