Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Placed the water filter but the light on the side of the…

Placed the water filter...

Placed the water filter but the light on the side of the door won't come back on. Also, the freezer light on the side door is off. What can I do to fix this?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

It's the French door model. Where do I find the settings?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The refrigerator and freezer are working fine. I just need help getting the reset button back on. Didn't think it would be a major deal.

11/18/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change?

No

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Phone call session started

Once I have the model number I can call you. Also, I will need the number to call, please.

Where do I find the model number?
Model # GNE29GSKESS

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Was everything working when you replaced the filter? If so, did you use an OEM GE filter or an aftermarket filter?

I replaced the filter with the one provided by GE when I bought the refrigerator in May 2017. At that time, the only thing I noticed was the red light on the reset filter, which meant I needed to replace it.

Okay, so when you replaced it, that should have automatically reset the counter. So, along with the freezer door light not working, you have a problem with the electronics. This is still under warranty. I am happy to help you get it going again but GE will repair it for free under that warranty, if you prefer.

I guess I'll have GE fix it since it's still under warranty. Do you have a number for me to contact GE to schedule an appointment?

Sure! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Service and Repair

1-***-***-****

Or, you can schedule on line below!

CLICK HERE

It is likely that the main control will need to be replaced so it is a wise decision to take advantage of that warranty. That control is not inexpensive!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician