Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My bosch dishwasher is stuck on drain impeller working

constantly and when I put...
my bosch dishwasher is stuck on drain impeller working constantly and when I put water in, it clears the water quickly and well
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Not sure--came with house, but estimate 5+ year. Model SHU33A06UC /43
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don't think so.
11/18/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There is water in the plastic base of the machine, under the wash tub. If you remove the front panel from below the door, you should be able to dry it out from there to allow the float to reset. If you have trouble accessing that area, you can simply tip the machine to drain the water out or pull it out and remove a side panel. Once that water has been dried out, it will return to normal operation.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
cool. will work on ASAP. can I ask how to prevent this from happening again?

Well, you may need to address a leak underneath but, oftentimes, this is caused by something blocking the lower spray arm and causing the spray pattern to be changed, resulting is leakage at the front of the tub.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
ah, that makes sense. front panel off, and can feel water in the basin below the tub so looks to be the problem. will have to pull it out. kids screaming right now so have to delay 2 hours to get it out and drained. can I still ask questions then?

Of course! Reply back anytime, the easiest way back is to follow a link from your email.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
hi there, when trying to pull out the dishwasher, do i need to remove the door?

No, not at all, just remove the screws that secure the dishwasher to the cabinet, usually found above the door opening.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I've unhooked the water access (drain and water) under the sink to allow for slack to move the dishwasher. Do I need to remove the electrical too? Then once I can pull out, try to access basin from side initially?

You may, each installation is different. If you can remove a side panel, you will have a much better point of access and view to address any leaks.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Kelly. Not sure if you're still around. So I got the water out and the float that was up (causing the impeller to stay on) has settled down. Sadly, hooked back up, and it's making a groaning noise. No water seems to be moving and the feed valve definitely open

So the pump is still running, even after the float has come back down to the base?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
when turned on the pump sounds like it's groaning but nothing is happening.

Are you sure the float is on the base? It does not take much to lift that red rod up that actuates the switch at the top.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I can manually raise and lower the bar and hear the switch actuate. I tested that by turning the DW on and raising the bar. When I do that, the impeller turned on constantly whether or not the door is open or closed. When I let it lower (rest at "off) the groaning only occurs when the door is closed and stops when I open the door.

Have you let it run to see if it stops and resets?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No, will do now

It may just need to time out. It is no longer in flood mode....

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
You're a fantastic resource Kelly!! It worked!
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks for all your help! Can I ask for you again the next time I have an appliance problem?

That is great news! Yes, if you put "For Kelly" at the front of the question it will find its way to me. Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician