Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My may tag refrigerator light bulbs went out in a 'flash'

Customer Question
My may tag refrigerator...

My may tag refrigerator light bulbs went out in a 'flash' recently. I bought replacement 40 w bulbs and put them in and there is still no light emitted. model # MFF2558VEMO, SN# ***** Thanks for any help you can give me.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Mod# ***** approx 7 y old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends. Not if it's complex

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I feel like you are asking pre 'loaded' questions. I've given you everything you need, I think.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Are all lights out if not which ones , fresh food or freezer section?

all lights are out (there are two 40 w bulbs in the ceiling, this is in the fresh food section

And the freezer sections light are of correct?

no

ok so the issue is with both fresh food and freezer lights is this correct?

NO. I didn't say that. I said the fresh food section. The only lights in there, don't work. I just replaced the two bulbs which seemed to have blown at once and replacing them, they still don't light up. The fresh food section.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I asked if the freezer sections lights were ok and your next post was a No , so that lead me to believe that the freezer lights were not working either!!

What was the No for then if it was not about the freezer lights?

Sorry to be unclear. Only the fresh food lights are out. I have something called a 'multi tester' (a.w. sperry)

ok And do you know how to use it ?

i can try. i'm looking at it now. just put in batteries and i have a black and red lead to plug into it. I would use the ACV side of it, right?

yes set it on A/c

And you will need to pop out one of the two fresh food door light switches and test to see if your getting voltage to the door switch . on the Red wire to chassis ground /cabinet or a metal screw.

I see what you're talking about, but don't really know how to 'pop out' either of the door light switches, so I'll just have to call someone to come out. Thanks for your time. Sorry for getting impatient with you. I hadn't realized how unclear I had been.Have a great day.

just use a screw driver and get up between the edge of the switch and the plastic liner and pop it out it is just held in place by friction

Ok everyone needs to know their limits , glad to assist you anytime.

ok

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.