Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I remove seal on whirlpool wine cooler WUW55X15ds to…

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove seal on whirlpool wine cooler WUW55X15ds to reverse door?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Already done 90% just need to remove seal to get to the mechanical switch door stop screws and then replace

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just how to get to the frame to release pressure to remove replace the seal.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This model is too new to have a service manual so there is no way to check for certain, but you should just be able to grab the seal and pull on it and it'll pull out of the channel which it's wedged into by friction on the inner door liner to pull it out. Rub Vasaline on the channel when you push the gasket back into the channel to help the gasket slide into the channel. If that doesn't work, then please take a picture of the seal and peel it back on the right and left side a bit. Attach the pictures using the button above this text box so I can see how it's attached.

Tyler, this is a glass wine cooler door. Only screws are to attach door handle. Seal is very tight and does not move or release when pulled. I am concerned about tearing. The inside of the door has a black plastic or metal frame that seems to pinch the seal. I tried to gently pry with screw drive but it does not seem to release. I am reversing door swing and the mechanical door switch/stop needs to be on the reverse side. Manual show 2 screws to remove it. Manual said pull back seal but seal is covering screws and will not release.

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

what happens now?
24 hrs. is not very good service. I expect a refund!!!