Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just created a problem. Kitchenaid Kdrp467ksso duel fuel…

Thank you, ***** *****...

Thank you, ***** ***** created a problem.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Kitchenaid Kdrp467ksso duel fuel range convection not working. removed leads from motor, had power until I dropped red lead to motor, shorted out on oven frame, now get no power to convection motor.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

That is the exact model number and 13 ? Yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not thar I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Hey Tyler

Good morning.

Typings good for me

Of course, sorry I don't send the phone options, the site sends them automatically but you can just ignore or close that option. So unfortunately the power from the convection fan motor comes directly from the relay control board under the cooktop. You would have to replace that relay control board to get use of the convection fan motor again if it shorted out and is no longer getting power to the motor. The part is about $200 with shipping and below is a link to the part if you wanted to try to order and replace it yourself. The entire cooktop must be removed and then an access panel in the center below the top will unscrew so you can see the board for replacement.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

First, the convection motor replacement part number is ***** Attached are the instructions to replace the main control board