Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My mother has a workable Modern Maid Oven Model #DEI-226,

Customer Question
My mother has a...

My mother has a workable Modern Maid Oven Model #DEI-226, Serial #AN 24217 from the late 60's. The oven heating element has broke and I am trying to find a replacement and am not having much success. Is there an element that can replace the one for this unit? Thanks!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Modern Maid Model Eye Level Range # DEI-226 Manor House, Serial Number AN 24217. The unit was purchased on 1/30/1969

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if we can get the element, unless we would have more luck finding one if someone else installed it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that I can think of. Is there any more information I can give you to help you with your search?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your oven. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Ok. Thanks!

Do you have a picture of the element?

Please let me know if you received it.

Got it. One moment.

This should work. It mainly needs to have the same wattage and can physically fit into the form factor. I have used these with success.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bake-Element/WP77001092/948171

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

I ordered the part. My concern is the width of the bottom part of the old element is smaller than the width of the part you have suggested. Can you explain how this will fit? Thanks!

One moment.

You can shape the element to a certain extent. In fact, you don't even need to really have the same brand as long as the wattage is close and it can be shaped to fit. This element is made as a replacement for the old Modern Maid's. It won't be the exact shape/size, because the original isn't manufactured anymore. It will, however, be about as close as you can get - and will work with some possible slight molding.

Thank you! I’ll let you know how we make out!