Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am at my elderly Dads and he has a problem with with water…

Customer Question
Good Morning! I...

Good Morning! I am at my elderly Dads and he has a problem with with water build up in his refrigerator crisper draw. It is a Samsung RF265ABQWP....I see that there are a lot of complaints from others with the same problem...what is Samsung doing to rectify this problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe around 7 years plus or minus and he just told me that they have had this problem from the beginning.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is not too complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What else would you like to know...my Dad is 92 and Mom always handled the paperwork side of their marriage and she passed away recently and I am here trying to get his life straightened out

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

Now if you remove this panel and the drain is not clogged but you find the silver coils completely packed with frost, you actually have a defrost issue and you'll need to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer and likely replace the defrost temperature sensor clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils. Below is a link to the sensor.

CLICK HERE for defrost sensor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?