Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Psc123nc/PSC23sc Ge PROFILE FRIDGE - ELECTRONIC PANEL ON TOP…

Customer Question
Psc123nc/PSC23sc Ge PROFILE FRIDGE...

Psc123nc/PSC23sc Ge PROFILE FRIDGE - ELECTRONIC PANEL ON TOP NOT WORKING - FREEZER NOT WORKING AND THINGS IN FRIDGE NOT STAYING COOL ---if elECTRONIC PANEL IS BLINKING hrs AND i CAN NOT USE IT ....IS IT TIME FOR REPAIR MAN?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 YEARS OLD ge pROFILE SIDE BY SIDE ps123nc/psc23sc

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

HOPEFULLY BUT WITH ELECTRONICS MAY NEED REPAIR PERSON THINKING CAN I RESET SOMETHING?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NOT THAT I CAN THINK OF...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So there are really only 2 possibilities which can cause this issue. One thing that happens commonly on this unit is that the wire connection at the top door hinge will get corroded sometimes. Unplug the refrigerator and remove the top cover over the upper door hinge to expose the wire harness. Unplug the wire harness and look at the pins and receptacles for discoloration or charring. If you find any corrosion, try to clean it up with a wire brush and plug the harness back together. Plug the refrigerator back in and if it still won't turn on, you either have a bad main relay control board on the back of the refrigerator. If you pull the refrigerator out you'll see an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back and behind that is your control board . Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?