Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Some water has started leaking out the front of our Kitchen…

Customer Question
Some water has started...

Some water has started leaking out the front of our Kitchen Aid dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years old. model KUDI01ILBT

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

How much water and is it coming from under the unit or out from the door area?

It is leaking out from under the dishwasher door
Maybe about a quart of water comes out, early after the machine starts.

Ok normall that is a leak between the main motor and sump, the seal goes bad and then the unit will leak right there about that much water. That is a pretty common failure for the age of unit. The part comes complete. Here is a link to the part and a video to help install it. It is worth repairing for the issue.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.