Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Oven does not light. Model pgs908sem1ss. Oven lit this

Oven does not light ...

Oven does not light

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model pgs908sem1ss

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Oven lit this morning and broiler does light

11/18/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Since your oven still works on broil, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $95.

CLICK HERE for igniter

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc